Saturday, November 28, 2015

Random thoughts while washing dishes.

It's been a long time since i posted on my blog(s).  Too long.
Many posts started.
Many posts left unfinished.
Such is life.

I know a lady who has Alzheimer's. She was a prolific crocheter.  Skien after skien of yarn we gave her.
She is in a nursing home and was very convinced that she was being held against her will. She was also very convincing.

What do you like to do?
I like to crochet.
You should crochet.
How can i crochet when i have no yarn.

Skien after skien of yarn we handed her.

Everyone who met her was convinced that she would be o.k. She would adapt, if she just had some yarn.

Can you get her some yarn? She's bored. She wants to crochet.
Skien after skien of yarn we handed her.

Her dresser drawers were filled w/unfinished projects.

This is beautiful handiwork. Will you finish it?
How can i finish? I don't have any yarn.

The post list on my blogs are like this.
If only i had more "yarn"
yarn being time, ideas, focus, motivation, energy

-----

The Zen masters say "do one thing mindfully". "When you wash a dish, simply wash the dish".

"If only," says my soul
"Get over it," says my brain "silly zen masters. You have to work for a living. Free thinking must be squeezed in  between responsibilities." My brain can be a real bitch.
-----

There are many cans of garbanzo beans on the counter. Like 6 cans of garbanzos. And a half bag of dried.
Yeah. I had plans baby. Big plans.
Garbanzo goddess, i am.
-----
You know, i don't understand this whole terrorist thing. This intense fear of Syrian refugees.
Of course bad people are going to sneak in with the good people.
That's just how it is.
Bad people sneak into everywhere. No more babies then. Bad people sneak into the world out of birth canals too.
But really, are you that afraid?

------

You know what makes me stop and ponder?
In one of the front yards in my neighborhood there is a used disposable diaper. It's been there for over a week. Since the night of the big wind, it's been there. Why has no-one picked it up?
Today about 3 feet away from the dirty diaper there was a wrapped condom.
Why?
Is it a gift? A suggestion? A statement? Art?

I wanted to take a picture.
But it was light out. It's a weekend.  People are home. My 2 dogs were pulling on their leashes and ....
i was a little nervous.

We live in a society with a old west mentality.
A piece of paper allows anyone to "conceal & carry."

Yeah.
Paris was horrific.
Beirut- horrific.

Isis -horrific.
Redneck Roy with his pistol in his back pocket - horrific.
Oath keepers  - horrific.
Oklahoma bombing,
Columbine, Newtown, Chardon, Umpqua - horrific.
Road rage - horrific.


You are afraid of refugees? I'm afraid to go to a movie.
Or to Walmart. Some pistol packing mother may leave her purse open.
I may get my head blown off by her curious toddler.

-----
I hate Walmart.  Shit probably happens at Target too though.

-----
Why aren't people up in arms about this conceal and carry nonsense? I mean. WTF??? I personally don't want to have to worry that the dude in line behind me at the grocery is carrying a fucking pastor. Ha ha. Pistol. Or a pastor too, really. Those people can be really annoying. And they're probably packing.
----
I should make hummus.
----
I'm not really afraid of refugees, terrorists, rednecks, death. Bring it on.
I am afraid of growing old.
And not having enough yarn.





2 comments:

  1. Awesome post
    Luv joe
    I had to post as anonymous. I couldnt my remember google password.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaHa!! Thanks Baby. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

~ Begin

~ Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes  Women Who Run with the Wolves  Photograph credit - Jenn L. MasonGambitta