Sunday, November 13, 2016

Random thoughts while trying to process

On Wednesday, my son texted to ask me if I could look for his birth certificate.
Seems his GFF is intent on getting passports.
Passports are good. Everyone should have one. Just in case.

------------------

I feel that this election should've been a "don't ask, don't tell" kind of thing.
No matter how good I felt a person was, if that person is a Trump supporter, I see only racism, misogyny, xenophobia, and an  fairytale like belief that natural disasters are due to god's anger over the marriage equality act.
Quite frankly, these people frighten me.

_______

40% of women voted for Trump. Whaaaaat?

_______

Is this another case of 'Muricans voting for the person they would rather have a beer with? 'Cause, I don't think Trump would really want to spend "quality" time with the majority of his supporters.
 And, I doubt he drinks MGD. But, I could be wrong.

_________

Seriously - 40%?

_______

I have heard comments from women including:

"I don't think a  woman should be president. Women aren't strong enough."
"She would be o.k. You know, it wouldn't really be her running things. Bill would be the one in charge. And he did an o.k job."

These were comments from the geriatric group. So... o.k.

But then from a 21 year old who allegedly allowed her 2 year old daughter to just pick someone:

" Hillary would've been o.k.  I mean, Bill would've been there to help her if she got into a jam."

The woman was the fricking secretary of state. She had to diplomatically  negotiate all kinds of deals and tactfully play the political game aaaalllll over the world. The world!!!!

But, you know..... she would've been o.k. as president because Bill would've backed her up.

Maybe we aren't good for anything except popping out kids and baking grits or whatever we are supposed to do while barefoot and in the kitchen.

__________

The man said that global warming is a hoax made up by the Chinese! I guess people really believe that?
I need to start stockpiling water and learn how to can food. Because, we are dooooomed.
See, we need a healthy environment to help us produce things like ...... food.

I guess we can become breatharians.

But then we would need air.
Preferably clean air.

___________________

People try to say that they voted for him because he is a businessman and knows how to make money.

He took advantage of the same laws that he now vows to change. Do people really believe that he's going to change those laws?

"He's an outsider".

Have you heard of ALEC (if not, google it)? Lobbyists? Corporate interests? If you still think that the government actually governs, well.....

oh, wait. You probably also believe that global warming is a hoax made up by the Chinese.

Never mind.

Trump is the establishment. Can we just say that?

________

Look, Hillary is no shining star. I did not vote for her in the primary and seriously, seriously considered my general election vote.
I truly voted against a person as opposed to for a candidate I felt I could trust and who cared about people like me.
She supports fracking. But at least she gives lip service to the environmental crisis.

_______

There are those who voted on a single issue - abortion. Seems that silly women shouldn't have control over anything ... especially their bodies.

There are about 400,000 children currently in foster care in the U.S. A little over a 100,000 of these are available for adoption.

So, I know it's much cooler and to get a baby from out of the country, but c'mon now.
Time for the anti-choicers --- all the women who are past the age of breeding, the men who could never breed, and the breeders who think it's cool to pop out a baby every 1 - 2 years to jump on board and take care of the little ones who are already here and in need.

Oh, and instead of organizing and holding signs along the road and trying to look cool and concerned. You all can organize and  work to make the adoption process in this country a bit easier.

Oh. And hopefully these folks will ease up on the idea of birth control.
You may think that abstinence makes the heart grow fonder.
But our brains are programmed to explore and experience.
People ... especially young people ... are going to explore their sexuality.
Stop slut shaming and start educating.
Especially if you truly do care about what happens to those unwanted babies after they're properly baked and ready to pop.

Personally, I am more saddened by all the stories of  insane people, who should have had an abortion, inflict unspeakable acts of abuse on their unwanted children.

_________

40% of women.......

Did they hear about the pussy grabbing?
Maybe they like that idea?

Often men who are insecure about their sexual prowess will engage in braggadocio. But they have no game - (3 marriages).

I just don't know.

This is the party whose many members were convinced that rape isn't really a thing. A woman's body can "shut it down" and such nonsense.

So.....

I just don't know.


_______

So, I guess I cannot be complacent for the next 4 years.

Dammit!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Begin

~ Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes  Women Who Run with the Wolves  Photograph credit - Jenn L. MasonGambitta